Resources During COVID19: Activities for children
Activities for Children:
● Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
● Self Care List from Girls Inc:
● Enrichment List for families activities and resources HERE
● PBS: is offering many learning resources to help children continue to learn away from school: https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/
● Coronavirus and Parenting: NPR’s Life Kit podcast put together this episode and webpage full of information parents need to know.
● Teach and Learn with the New York Times: This resource from the New York Times puts together lesson plans and ways to talk about current events in the classroom New York Public Libraries You can find a comprehensive list of NYPL’s digital resources on their website. This includes access to e-books, research e-journals, online newspapers, and resources for young learners. If you have any questions, please refer to their reference service, Ask NYPL.
Childcare: Regional Enrichment Centers REC will be available for the children of first responders, healthcare workers, transit workers, and our most vulnerable student populations. Staffed by DOE employees and community-based organization partners, the centers will provide children with three daily hot meals, remote learning time with their teachers, activities like art, music, and physical education, and social and emotional support. Children will be offered a site based on their home address and their parent or caregiver’s role in providing essential services
● Open Monday through Friday, 7:30am–6:00pm
● Each room will have a maximum of 12 children, supported by at least one adult; this size will both allow for personalized attention and will meet social distancing needs
● If you think you might be eligible to send your child to a center near you, please complete this survey HERE