FREE Bilingual Commercial Driver Training
Get your commercial driving permit and license to start your
professional driving career!
The Bilingual Commercial Driver Training is free for advanced English Language Learners interested in a commercial driving career.
The training includes two weeks of full-time instruction to help you:
- Build conversational English skills
- Familiarize yourself with the vocabulary and tasks involved in commercial driving
- Secure your commercial driving permit
Once you complete the program and get your permit, you will be eligible for a free four-week, full-time training that will lead to your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL Class B).
Program Eligibility Requirements
- 21 years or older
- New York City resident
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Meet all federal selective service requirements
- Currently unemployed
- Able to pass a drug test
- Possess a valid NYS Driver’s License for at least two years
- Provide an abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that is less than 30 days old
- No more than 4 points or 1 suspension or 2 convictions displayed on driving record
- No Driving Under the Influence (DUI), Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), or Driving While Ability
**Please mention this website when contacting us**
For more details and to register call Lorena Garcia, Training Advisor, 929-841--5059 or visit Washington Heights Workforce1 Career Center 516 West 181st Street, 5th Floor, NY NY 10033
Washington Heights Workforce1 Career Center
A PROUD PARTNER OF THE AMERICAN JOB CENTER NETWORK